How should I care for someone with an acoustic neuroma?

Acoustic neuromas often become more serious as they grow larger. So, it is important to make sure the person you are caring for attends regular screenings and hearing tests to see how fast the tumor is growing, if at all. You should also pay close attention to any new symptoms, such as hearing loss that's getting worse. Such symptoms can indicate that the tumor has grown.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
How does aging affect ear disorders?
As we age, we become more susceptible to various ear disorders. Hearing impairment increases with ag...
How does fluid build-up lead to acute otitis media?
The part of the ear that gets blocked by fluid is called the eustachian (you-STAY-shun) tube, which ...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?