How will I feel after surgery for an acoustic neuroma?

Isaac Yang, MD
Neurosurgery
For open microsurgery to treat an acoustic neuroma, you will require an incision and bone drilling, and there will be a scar. Therefore, you will have some pain. You will be given medication to help with the pain, although it will just take the edge off the pain. You can therefore expect some amount of pain. You will probably have to stay in the hospital for a few days followed by a recovery period at home.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
Should a child with an ear infection see a doctor immediately?
Manuel B. Torres Jr., MDManuel B. Torres Jr., MD
Typically, yes. An ear infection tends to be painful and produce fever. Small children who do not ha...
What are the different types of ear infections?
There are three main kinds of ear infections, which are called acute otitis (oh-TIE-tus) media (AOM)...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?