Do I have to treat my cauliflower ear?

Left untreated, cauliflower ear kills the cartilage and causes the ear to lose its shape. The initial injury that caused the cauliflower ear can also get infected. However, the malformed ear itself is not usually considered harmful.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
What are the different types of ear infections?
There are three main kinds of ear infections, which are called acute otitis (oh-TIE-tus) media (AOM)...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with ear disorders?
People with ear disorders need proper medication and support for hearing or balance difficulties. If...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?