Is there a cure for labyrinthitis?

Labyrinthitis is usually curable. As a matter of fact, it can go away on its own, but many people do need treatment for the symptoms of labyrinthitis. With treatment, symptoms usually improve within a week, and go away completely in a couple of months. If your symptoms are severe or treatment is delayed, however, damage to the vestibular labyrinth may be permanent, in which case your only option is to learn to cope with your symptoms.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
What is swimmer's ear (otitis externa)?
Dr. James D. Fortenberry, MDDr. James D. Fortenberry, MD
Swimmer’s ear (otitis externa) is an infection of the skin of the ear canal. This often occurs when ...
What is an earache?
Ear pain is generally the result of a buildup of fluid and pressure in the middle ear (the porti...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?