How do I manage my bacterial ear infection on a daily basis?

If you're taking antibiotics to treat your bacterial ear infection, it is important to keep taking them until they are gone. During this time, make sure to keep the ears clean and dry, especially if the infection is in the ear canal (a condition also known as swimmer's ear). Be gentle with the infected ears, and don't poke or prod them in an attempt to remove a blockage, as this could damage the ears.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Ear Disorders

Ear Disorders

Your ear is a complex organ composed of the outer, middle and inner ear (as well as fluid). Any disorder involving your ear -- ear infections, tinnitus, Meniere's disease -- can affect either your hearing or your balance. Treatmen...

t options for ear disorders vary based on the type of disorder you have.