How do I manage my bacterial ear infection on a daily basis?

If you're taking antibiotics to treat your bacterial ear infection, it is important to keep taking them until they are gone. During this time, make sure to keep the ears clean and dry, especially if the infection is in the ear canal (a condition also known as swimmer's ear). Be gentle with the infected ears, and don't poke or prod them in an attempt to remove a blockage, as this could damage the ears.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
How does earwax affect ear disorders?
Earwax, known as cerumen, plays a role in protecting the ear canal and keeping it clean. But for som...
What causes an acute otitis media ear infection?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Acute otitis media, or a middle ear infection, has several causes. When a child comes down with a co...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?