Should I talk to my doctor about my middle ear infection symptoms?

Although some ear infections do clear up without antibiotics, they can also get worse if untreated. If you have symptoms of a middle ear infection, you should see your doctor if they last more than one day. Also, see your doctor if your symptoms are severe.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
Is swimmer's ear related to bacterial ear infections?
Swimmer's ear is a type of ear infection that affects the outer ear (called the ear canal) and can b...
What is hearing loss?
March of DimesMarch of Dimes
Hearing loss is when you can’t hear sound in one or both ears. It can range from mild to complete. H...
All About Ear Infections
All About Ear Infections