Some ear disorders have the potential for long-term complications, including hearing loss and balance problems. Even a simple middle ear infection, left untreated, can lead to short-term or permanent hearing loss. Inner ear problems, which can affect balance, put people at a risk for accidents. Those who suffer from inner ear problems should be especially careful driving.
- Q Do ear disorders affect children differently than adults?
- Q Should a child with an ear infection see a doctor immediately?
- Q What is an earache?
- Q When should I call the doctor about my child’s swimmer’s ear?
- Q What do I need to know about caring for someone with ear disorders?
- Q When should I call the doctor about my child’s ear infection?