Some ear disorders have the potential for long-term complications, including hearing loss and balance problems. Even a simple middle ear infection, left untreated, can lead to short-term or permanent hearing loss. Inner ear problems, which can affect balance, put people at a risk for accidents. Those who suffer from inner ear problems should be especially careful driving.
- Q Do ear disorders affect children differently than adults?
- Q Should a child with an ear infection see a doctor immediately?
- Q What is a glomus tumor?
- Q What is an eardrum perforation?
- Q Why does my baby cry at night when he has an ear infection?
- Q Is swimmer's ear related to bacterial ear infections?