Are some acoustic neuromas more serious than others?

Isaac Yang, MD
Neurosurgery
Acoustic neuromas are typically very slow-growing, benign tumors. The tumors that are of concern are cystic acoustic neuromas. If you have an acoustic neuroma that has a cyst-like component, where part of it looks like it's full of fluid, then it would be of concern for fast growth and also may be a less ideal candidate for radiation.

Continue Learning about Ear Disorders

Essential Facts About Ear Infections
Essential Facts About Ear Infections
While ear infections tend to affect kids—5 out of 6 children will experience this condition by the time they’re 3 years old—adults are not immune. And...
What do I need to know about caring for someone with ear disorders?
People with ear disorders need proper medication and support for hearing or balance difficulties. If...
What is microtia?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
Microtia can be defined as a lack of development of the ear (auricle). This is a congenital deformit...
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?
Can My Child Benefit from PE Tubes?