Should I talk to my doctor about my dystonia symptoms?

Initially, the symptoms of dystonia may occur only when a person engages in a certain activity. The first symptoms can be so subtle that people do not think a visit to the doctor is necessary. However, it is important to talk to your doctor about your symptoms to begin treatment. Symptoms of dystonia can get worse over time.

Continue Learning about Dystonia

How can my dystonia make it difficult to socialize?
Dystonia Medical Research Foundation (DMRF)Dystonia Medical Research Foundation (DMRF)
There are a number of ways in which dystonia can make it challenging to socialize or feel connected ...
Does dystonia get progressively worse over time?
Within five years after symptoms begin, dystonia stabilizes for most people. Symptoms do not get wor...
Can I have dystonia in my neck?
Yes, dystonia affecting the neck muscles is among the most common types of dystonia. Dystonia in the...
What are different forms of dystonia?
There are many types of dystonia and many diseases and conditions may include dystonia as a symptom....