If I don't like my dystonia medication, is it okay to quit cold turkey?

It is very important to take your dystonia medication as instructed by your doctor. Many medications used to treat dystonia can cause serious side effects if stopped abruptly. If you do not understand the prescription directions or are unsure of the dosing, contact your doctor’s office immediately for clarification. Report all side effects to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Dystonia

Dystonia

When your muscles contract involuntarily, the condition is called dystonia. Dystonia causes a twisting or clenching of whatever body part is affected. For example, when you have a stroke, the affected arm and hand may be clenched ...

and held in a strange position. Dystonia can be very mild or very severe. It can make your life very difficult and this can lead to frustration, depression or anxiety. See your doctor to treat your symptoms and talk over your frustrations.