If I don't like my dystonia medication, is it okay to quit cold turkey?

It is very important to take your dystonia medication as instructed by your doctor. Many medications used to treat dystonia can cause serious side effects if stopped abruptly. If you do not understand the prescription directions or are unsure of the dosing, contact your doctor’s office immediately for clarification. Report all side effects to your doctor.

Continue Learning about Dystonia

What types of dystonia are task specific?
Occupational dystonia refers to types of dystonia that are often task specific. Occupational dystoni...
How can my dystonia make it difficult to socialize?
Dystonia Medical Research Foundation (DMRF)Dystonia Medical Research Foundation (DMRF)
There are a number of ways in which dystonia can make it challenging to socialize or feel connected ...
Is dystonia a mental disability?
Dystonia does not affect a person's mental ability. In some cases, people mistake those with dystoni...
Does dystonia get progressively worse over time?
Within five years after symptoms begin, dystonia stabilizes for most people. Symptoms do not get wor...