How do I prepare for my doctor's appointment to discuss my dystonia?

If you are going to your doctor to discuss your dystonia symptoms, it is important to be prepared. Know your medical and family history and keep track of the symptoms you have been experiencing. Make sure to ask questions and clarify information you do not understand.

Continue Learning about Dystonia

Dystonia

When your muscles contract involuntarily, the condition is called dystonia. Dystonia causes a twisting or clenching of whatever body part is affected. For example, when you have a stroke, the affected arm and hand may be clenched ...

and held in a strange position. Dystonia can be very mild or very severe. It can make your life very difficult and this can lead to frustration, depression or anxiety. See your doctor to treat your symptoms and talk over your frustrations.