How do I prepare for my doctor's appointment to discuss my dystonia?

If you are going to your doctor to discuss your dystonia symptoms, it is important to be prepared. Know your medical and family history and keep track of the symptoms you have been experiencing. Make sure to ask questions and clarify information you do not understand.

Continue Learning about Dystonia

What should be my first step in seeking the best treatment for dystonia?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
Your first step in seeking the best treatment for dystonia is to visit your primary care doctor. Dys...
Do doctors still perform lesioning brain surgeries on people with dystonia?
Dystonia Medical Research Foundation (DMRF)Dystonia Medical Research Foundation (DMRF)
Previously, surgically creating permanent lesions in the brain was the only available treatment for ...
What are different types of focal dystonias?
Focal dystonias affect a specific group of muscles or body part. The following are different types o...
How are torticollis and dystonia related in toddlers?
Although the term spasmodic torticollis is used to describe cervical dystonia, the word torticollis ...