How can I identify and assess my stressors to help with my dystonia?

Individuals with dystonia may be at increased risk for depression and anxiety disorders, so there may be value in being evaluated by a mental health professional with expertise in chronic illness and/or stress reduction. Working with qualified professionals can help identify sources of stress and anxiety and develop strategies to manage stress more effectively.

Continue Learning about Dystonia

Dystonia

When your muscles contract involuntarily, the condition is called dystonia. Dystonia causes a twisting or clenching of whatever body part is affected. For example, when you have a stroke, the affected arm and hand may be clenched ...

and held in a strange position. Dystonia can be very mild or very severe. It can make your life very difficult and this can lead to frustration, depression or anxiety. See your doctor to treat your symptoms and talk over your frustrations.