How can I identify and assess my stressors to help with my dystonia?

Individuals with dystonia may be at increased risk for depression and anxiety disorders, so there may be value in being evaluated by a mental health professional with expertise in chronic illness and/or stress reduction. Working with qualified professionals can help identify sources of stress and anxiety and develop strategies to manage stress more effectively.

Continue Learning about Dystonia

How do I select a medical center that offers deep brain stimulation?
Dr. Daniel R. Spogen, MDDr. Daniel R. Spogen, MD
To select a medical center that offers deep brain stimulation it would be best to talk with your neu...
Are peripheral surgeries used to treat people with dystonia?
Dystonia Medical Research Foundation (DMRF)Dystonia Medical Research Foundation (DMRF)
Before the development of botulinum neurotoxin injections, surgical techniques were developed to tre...
How successful is deep brain stimulation in treating dystonia?
One of the challenges of treating dystonia with deep brain stimulation (DBS) is that it is difficult...
What does it mean for a person with dystonia to be a Patient-Active?
A person who sees him or herself as a "Patient-Active" is someone who considers himself part of the ...