Can dystonia affect the face?

Oromandibular dystonia is a type of dystonia that targets the muscles in the jaw, face, and tongue. Sufferers may slur their speech or have trouble swallowing or eating. Symptoms can range in severity from person to person.

Continue Learning about Dystonia

Is botulinum neurotoxin injection therapy safe?
Dystonia Medical Research Foundation (DMRF)Dystonia Medical Research Foundation (DMRF)
It may be confusing that a treatment has the word “toxin” in its name. However, when administered by...
Can dystonia be treated?
There is not yet a cure for dystonia, but there are multiple treatment options. The goal of treatmen...
Can I have dystonia in my neck?
Yes, dystonia affecting the neck muscles is among the most common types of dystonia. Dystonia in the...
What are the treatment options for dystonia?
Treatment of dystonia must be customized to the needs of the individual patient. In general, treatme...