Is there a cure for dysfunctional uterine bleeding?

Dysfunctional uterine bleeding can be treated completely through hormone therapy in most cases. Some people may require removal of the lining of the uterus to fix heavy bleeding, either through dilation and curettage or endometrial ablation. Rarely, people may require a hysterectomy to completely remove the uterus. Because of the serious results of this surgery, such as infertility, it is no longer used as often as it was in the past and is usually only used with menopausal women. Anemia is a possible complication, but this can be treated through iron supplements.

Continue Learning about Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding (DUB)

What do I need to know about caring for someone with DUB?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Twenty percent of women with dysfunctional uterine bleeding are adolescents. Over 50 percent of wome...
How does dysfunctional uterine bleeding affect pregnancy?
Dysfunctional uterine bleeding can affect your ability to become pregnant. 90% of women with dysfunc...
How is dysfunctional uterine bleeding treated?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Because dysfunctional uterine bleeding is caused by an abnormal amount of hormones, medication used ...
Should I talk to my doctor about my DUB symptoms?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Women with dysfunctional uterine bleeding (DUB) experience irregularly timed periods (less than 28 o...