Why is it important to prevent dry mouth?

Mouth rinses are used for a variety of reasons, including preventing dry mouth. Alcohol free rinses can keep the mouth and oral tissue moist.

Without the cleansing and shielding effects of adequate salivary flow, tooth decay and periodontal (gum) disease can become more common. Constant dryness and the lack of protection provided by saliva contribute to bad breath.

Continue Learning about Dry Mouth (Xerostomia)

Can radiation cause dry mouth?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Dry mouth can be a side effect of radiation treatment for head and neck cancers. If you feel like yo...
Can I develop dry mouth as an adult?
Everyone's mouth can be dry sometimes. In fact, there are many causes for dry mouth, including side ...
What Can Cause Dry Mouth?
What Can Cause Dry Mouth?
What Can I Do to Relieve Dry Mouth?
What Can I Do to Relieve Dry Mouth?