Is there a vaccine for dry mouth?

There is no vaccine available for dry mouth, or xerostomia. However, you may benefit from certain medications that promote the production of saliva. You may also want to speak to your doctor about changing any medications that may be causing your chronic dry mouth.

There is no vaccine for dry mouth, a condition that creates unusual dryness in the mouth, but you can help prevent it by avoiding the things that cause it. Try not to use too many antihistamines or cold medicines because they can lead to dry mouth. If a medicine you take is causing symptoms of dry mouth, ask your doctor if you can try a different drug. Dry mouth usually results from the side effects of medications to treat illnesses such as diarrhea, urinary incontinence, depression, anxiety, Parkinson's disease, and allergies. Your doctor may adjust your dosage to treat your symptoms of dry mouth.

Continue Learning about Dry Mouth (Xerostomia)

How does dry mouth affect the body?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
For some people, dry mouth is an occasional condition. For others, dry mouth can be constant and inc...
Are over-the-counter medications available for dry mouth?
There are medications available to treat dry mouth but it's important to first seek treatment about ...
What Can I Do to Relieve Dry Mouth?
What Can I Do to Relieve Dry Mouth?
What Can Cause Dry Mouth?
What Can Cause Dry Mouth?