Surgery is seldom done for dry eye unless there is an abnormal position of the eyelids against the eye. Small plugs can be placed in the tiny openings on the edge of the eyelid through which tears drain away, or those openings can be closed by cautery in a simple office procedure.
- Q What different non-prescription eyedrops are available?
- Q How should I treat eye dryness caused by glaucoma medications?
- Q What are the different types of prescription eyedrops?
- Q Are there alternative treatments for dry eyes?
- Q How can I relieve dry eyes?
- Q Is there a cure for dry eyes?