Surgery is seldom done for dry eye unless there is an abnormal position of the eyelids against the eye. Small plugs can be placed in the tiny openings on the edge of the eyelid through which tears drain away, or those openings can be closed by cautery in a simple office procedure.
- Q Are there alternative treatments for dry eyes?
- Q What different non-prescription eyedrops are available?
- Q How does surgery affect dry eyes?
- Q How should I treat eye dryness caused by glaucoma medications?
- Q Are over-the-counter medications available for dry eyes?
- Q How are dry eyes treated?