How do I manage my dry eyes on a daily basis?

You can manage your dry eyes on a daily basis through an over-the-counter product and giving your eyes extra care. Lubricating drops, also known as artificial tears, can relieve some of the symptoms of dry eyes. Warm compresses, eyelid massages, using a humidifier, drinking more water, and wearing sunglasses, particularly in windy conditions, can also help.

Dry eyes affect the body by interfering with the normal functioning of the eyes. The condition involves a lack of tears or the production of poor quality tears. The condition can cause discomfort that may take the form or burning, itching, or irritated eyes. It can also cause watery or blurred vision, which may make reading or other vision-reliant activities difficult. While they don't cause any direct body harm outside of the eyes, poor vision can have an effect on your daily routine and quality of life.

Continue Learning about Dry Eyes

Dry Eyes

Dry eyes sting, they are uncomfortable, and they occur for many reasons. Dry indoor air in winter, too much time staring at a computer screen-these are just two of many scenarios that cause dry eyes. It's a disorder created when y...

our eyes don't provide enough tears to moisturize your eyes. Dry eyes are more common in women, and especially in menopause. Some diseases like rheumatoid arthritis cause dry eyes. Artificial tear drops and ointments can help, so can prescription eye drops.