How do I manage my dry eyes on a daily basis?

You can manage your dry eyes on a daily basis through an over-the-counter product and giving your eyes extra care. Lubricating drops, also known as artificial tears, can relieve some of the symptoms of dry eyes. Warm compresses, eyelid massages, using a humidifier, drinking more water, and wearing sunglasses, particularly in windy conditions, can also help.

Dry eyes affect the body by interfering with the normal functioning of the eyes. The condition involves a lack of tears or the production of poor quality tears. The condition can cause discomfort that may take the form or burning, itching, or irritated eyes. It can also cause watery or blurred vision, which may make reading or other vision-reliant activities difficult. While they don't cause any direct body harm outside of the eyes, poor vision can have an effect on your daily routine and quality of life.

Continue Learning about Dry Eyes

How Do Dry Eyes Affect Women Differently Than Men?
Do dry eyes affect men and women differently? In this video, ophthalmologist David Demartini, MD, discusses why women are more susceptible than men wh...
What can I do if I have dry eyes or conjunctivitis?
Healthy HumansHealthy Humans
Most people don't value what they have until they lose it. This truly applies to vision. People don'...
Are there alternative treatments for dry eyes?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
There are a number of alternative treatments that can help relieve the symptoms of dry eyes. Increas...
What is dry eye syndrome?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
The rate of incidence for dry eyes is high for people 65 and older and particularly women in that ag...