So, how does inkjet technology figure into drug patches?

In the drug patch using inkjet technology, the flow of drugs is controlled in the same way as the flow of ink is controlled in an inkjet printer.

In the printer, the flow of ink is controlled through the printer head. In the medical patch, the follow of medicine into the body would be controlled through the tip of each microneedle.

And, just as color printers can employ more than one color of ink, drug delivery patches can be designed to store and deliver many different kinds of drugs simultaneously.

Continue Learning about Drug Safety

Driving Under the Influence—of Prescription Medication
In 2014, when a 19-year-old Justin Bieber was pulled over for racing his Lamborghini around Miami, the police chief said the songster admitted to havi...
How good is the U.S. prescription drug safety record?
PhRMAPhRMA
Although there is always room for improvement in patient safety, the United States has the world's b...
Are prescription drugs safe?
PhRMAPhRMA
There are more than 3.6 billion prescriptions written per year in the U.S. and for the overwhelming ...
What Should I Discuss With My Doctor About My Heart Medications?