What are some good guidelines for over-the-counter drug safety?

Practice over-the-counter drug safety by remembering this simple acronym: O-T-C.
  • Obey directions by reading drug labels
  • Talk to your pharmacist – it’s a free consultation with an expert.
  • Choose the lowest dose first. For example, if the suggested dose is 1-2 tablets, take 1 pill first and see how you feel before upping the dose.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com.

Continue Learning about Drug Safety

Trash Your Old Pills on National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
For the ninth year in a row, law enforcement agencies are teaming up with the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) for National Prescription Dru...
So, how does inkjet technology figure into drug patches?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
In the drug patch using inkjet technology, the flow of drugs is controlled in the same way as the fl...
Why is powdered alcohol controversial?
Powdered alcohol is controversial for many reasons. It is not regulated by the Food and Drug Adm...
What Should I Discuss With My Doctor About My Heart Medications?