What factors contribute to underage drinking?

Underage drinking behavior is affected by many factors. One contributing factor is exposure to alcohol marketing. Youth drinking is also influenced by the drinking behavior of adults; youth often try to behave like young adults and often get alcohol from adults.

Continue Learning about Drug, Alcohol, Tobacco Use In Teens

How can I monitor if my teen drinks and drives?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Let your teen know you will be monitoring if he drinks and drives. This sounds obvious but don't...
Why should I limit my teen's access to liquor at home?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Teens admit getting alcohol is easy -- and the easiest place to get it is in their home. The sec...
How strict should I be against drinking and drugs with my teen?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Feel free to be puritanical and strict when it comes to setting rules against drinking and drugs. Co...
What happens if I break the law for alcohol usage for teenagers?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
It is illegal to be a social host and provide alcohol to minors. Many states have hefty consequences...