What factors contribute to underage drinking?

Underage drinking behavior is affected by many factors. One contributing factor is exposure to alcohol marketing. Youth drinking is also influenced by the drinking behavior of adults; youth often try to behave like young adults and often get alcohol from adults.

Continue Learning about Drug, Alcohol, Tobacco Use In Teens

How should I talk to my teenager who has started smoking?
Armin BrottArmin Brott
The way you handle this issue (smoking) with your child is as important as doing it. Be very careful...
What should I tell my teenager about alcohol and parties?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Review party and drinking safety. No matter how hard schools try, alcohol seems to find its way ...
What happens if I break the law for alcohol usage for teenagers?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
It is illegal to be a social host and provide alcohol to minors. Many states have hefty consequences...
How can I monitor if my teen drinks and drives?
Michele BorbaMichele Borba
Let your teen know you will be monitoring if he drinks and drives. This sounds obvious but don't...