Can I prevent future problems once I have diverticulitis?

Once colon pockets have developed in the colon there is no guaranteed way to prevent rare future complications from occurring. However, increasing dietary fiber and taking a fiber supplement is the best way to help reduce the likelihood of future problems.

In those patients who are having repeated cases of diverticulitis or bleeding, surgery to remove the affected part of the colon is usually recommended.

Continue Learning about Diverticulitis

How does diverticulitis affect the body?
Diverticulitis is caused by little sacs in the intestines that become swollen and inflamed. When the...
What is diverticulosis?
SwedishSwedish
Diverticulosis is a term that refers to having pockets in the colon, and it is a common condition in...
What Is the Diet for Someone with Diverticulitis?
How Is Diverticulosis Treated?
How Is Diverticulosis Treated?