What is the normal dose of amiloride?

The normal adult dose of the prescription medication amiloride is one 5 mg. tablet daily. Your doctor may increase the daily dosage depending on your symptoms and initial results. For example, in severe cases of hypokalemia that are not affected by the initial recommended dose, your doctor may increase daily dosage up to 15 or 20 mg. per day. Carefully monitor any dosage increases with your doctor to watch for possible side effects. You must always take amiloride with food.

Continue Learning about Diuretic

What is metolazone?
Metolazone (Zaroxolyn) inhibits sodium reabsorption in a different part of the kidney than loop diur...
Does metolazone interact with any other medications?
If you are taking digoxin or a loop diuretic, metolazone may not be a good option for you. If you a...
What should I know about furosemide before taking it?
Furosemide (Lasix) is a powerful diuretic used to treat edema (fluid retention). It can cause your b...
What should I know before taking loop diuretics?
If you have cirrhosis of the liver, you should not take a loop diuretic. If you have an allergy to ...