What should I do if I miss a dose of Microzide?

If you miss a dose of Microzide (hydrochlorothiazide), take it as soon as you remember, unless it is nearly time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose and take the medicine at your regular time. Do not take a double dose to make up for the one you missed.

Microzide is a diuretic, or water pill, prescribed to reduce high blood pressure and to reduce fluid retention. Taking too much can cause serious problems. If you have missed a dose and have questions, call your doctor.

Continue Learning about Diuretic

Do loop diuretics interact with any other medications?
If you are taking an aminoglycoside, loop diuretics can lead to side effects and should be avoided. ...
Do loop diuretics have any side effects?
Side effects may include headaches, muscle cramps, weight loss, swallowing problems, nausea, vomitin...
What should I know before taking loop diuretics?
If you have cirrhosis of the liver, you should not take a loop diuretic. If you have an allergy to ...
What are the side effects of diuretics?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
The following are some side effects of diuretics:Diuretics can cause extreme weight loss, light-head...