What happens if I miss a dose of spironolactone?

If you forget to take a dose of spironolactone, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed one and continue taking spironolactone as usual. You should not take an extra or double dose to make up for a missed one. Missed doses of spironolactone decrease the efficiency of the medication.

Continue Learning about Diuretic

What are loop diuretics for high blood pressure management?
All diuretics remove salt and fluid from the body. Loop diuretics act on a part of the kidney called...
What should I know before taking loop diuretics?
If you have cirrhosis of the liver, you should not take a loop diuretic. If you have an allergy to ...
What should I know before taking a thiazine diuretic for heart failure?
If you are allergic to sulfa drugs, a thiazide diuretic may not be a good option for you. If you ha...
What are the side effects of diuretics?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
The following are some side effects of diuretics:Diuretics can cause extreme weight loss, light-head...