What should I do if I miss a dose of furosemide?

If you miss a dose of furosemide (Lasix), take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's near the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and just take it according to your normal schedule. Don't take two doses together.

Furosemide is a diuretic or water pill that is often prescribed to treat edema (fluid buildup) in people with heart failure. It may also be prescribed to treat high blood pressure. It is a strong diuretic and can have serious side effects, so taking two doses together, or one dose too soon after the last one, can be dangerous. Stick to your dosage schedule, even if it means missing a dose.

Continue Learning about Diuretic

What are the side effects of diuretics?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
The following are some side effects of diuretics:Diuretics can cause extreme weight loss, light-head...
What should I know before taking loop diuretics?
If you have cirrhosis of the liver, you should not take a loop diuretic. If you have an allergy to ...
What are the side effects of metolazone?
Side effects may include abdominal bloating, heart palpitations, chest pain, and chills. Other side ...
How effective are thiazide diuretics for the treatment of heart failure?
Thiazide diuretics are as effective as most other blood pressure medications. When used in combinati...