What should I avoid while taking furosemide?

You should avoid certain medications if you're taking furosemide (Lasix), a diuretic used to treat edema (fluid retention) caused by heart failure or liver disease. It also may be used to treat high blood pressure. Tell your doctor about every prescription and nonprescription medication you're on, as well as dietary supplements you take, to find out if you need to avoid any while taking furosemide.

Stay out of the direct sun for long periods of time while taking furosemide, as it may make your skin sensitive to sunlight. Wear sunscreen and protective clothing. If you're a woman of childbearing age, you may want to avoid getting pregnant while taking furosemide. If you're breastfeeding, you may want to stop while taking furosemide.

Continue Learning about Diuretic

What should I know about furosemide before taking it?
Furosemide (Lasix) is a powerful diuretic used to treat edema (fluid retention). It can cause your b...
What should I know about metolazone before taking it?
If you have impaired liver function, metolazone may cause hepatic coma. If you are allergic to sulf...
Why might a cardiovascular patient be prescribed diuretics?
SCAISCAI
Diuretics are often prescribed to cardiovascular patients to lower blood pressure, which will help r...
What conditions do diuretics treat?
HCA VirginiaHCA Virginia
The most common conditions diuretics treat are high blood pressure and congestive heart failure. Les...