Will taking torsemide make me need to go to the bathroom at night?

The earlier you take torsemide (also known as Demadex) during the day the less you will need to get up and go to the bathroom at night. When you start taking torsemide, you may need to urinate more often and the amount of urine you have may increase. The time that you take this medicine can affect how much you will need to get up at night to go to the bathroom. Talk with your doctor or pharmacist about how to plan when to take your torsemide so that it will least affect your sleep.

Continue Learning about Diuretic

What is metolazone?
Metolazone (Zaroxolyn) inhibits sodium reabsorption in a different part of the kidney than loop diur...
Do loop diuretics have any side effects?
Side effects may include headaches, muscle cramps, weight loss, swallowing problems, nausea, vomitin...
What should I know about furosemide before taking it?
Furosemide (Lasix) is a powerful diuretic used to treat edema (fluid retention). It can cause your b...
What are loop diuretics for heart failure management?
Loop diuretics remove sodium and water from the body, acting on a part of the kidney called the Loop...