Spironolactone (Aldactone) may not be safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. It's unknown whether this medication can cause harm to a developing fetus so women who are pregnant should talk to their doctors before taking spironolactone. If you become pregnant while taking spironolactone, talk to your doctor right away. This medication passes into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby, so women who are breast-feeding should not take spironolactone.
- Q Who should take spironolactone (Aldactone)?
- Q How does spironolactone treat hyperaldosteronism?
- Q How should I take spironolactone?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of spironolactone?
- Q What side effects does spironolactone with hydrochlorothiazide cause?
- Q Who should take spironolactone?