Spironolactone (Aldactone) may not be safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. It's unknown whether this medication can cause harm to a developing fetus so women who are pregnant should talk to their doctors before taking spironolactone. If you become pregnant while taking spironolactone, talk to your doctor right away. This medication passes into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby, so women who are breast-feeding should not take spironolactone.
- Q Are there any side effects of spironolactone (Aldactone)?
- Q What happens if I miss a dose of spironolactone?
- Q How does spironolactone treat congestive heart failure?
- Q What side effects does Spironolactone (Aldactone) cause?
- Q What is the maximum daily dosage for spironolactone (Aldactone)?
- Q How does spironolactone treat hypokalemia?