Spironolactone (Aldactone) may not be safe for women who are pregnant or breastfeeding. It's unknown whether this medication can cause harm to a developing fetus so women who are pregnant should talk to their doctors before taking spironolactone. If you become pregnant while taking spironolactone, talk to your doctor right away. This medication passes into breast milk and may harm a nursing baby, so women who are breast-feeding should not take spironolactone.
- Q How does spironolactone treat nephrotic syndrome?
- Q How does spironolactone treat hypokalemia?
- Q How does spironolactone (Aldactone) treat high blood pressure and edema?
- Q How does spironolactone treat liver cirrhosis?
- Q What is spironolactone (Aldactone)?
- Q How does spironolactone interact with other medications or food?