What should I do if I miss a dose of metolazone?

It is important that you follow the instructions on the label of your prescription about the timing and dosage of your metolazone. Your doctor has selected this dose as the lowest dose possible to treat your condition. If you miss a dose of metolazone (Zaroxolyn, Mykrox) you should take it as soon as it is possible. But if your next dose is due soon, don't double up; skip your missed dose and then return to your regular schedule.

Continue Learning about Diuretic

Why might a cardiovascular patient be prescribed diuretics?
SCAISCAI
Diuretics are often prescribed to cardiovascular patients to lower blood pressure, which will help r...
Does metolazone interact with any other medications?
If you are taking digoxin or a loop diuretic, metolazone may not be a good option for you. If you a...
How effective are thiazide diuretics for the treatment of heart failure?
Thiazide diuretics are as effective as most other blood pressure medications. When used in combinati...
What should I know before taking loop diuretics?
If you have cirrhosis of the liver, you should not take a loop diuretic. If you have an allergy to ...