What should I know about mannitol injection in Aviva plastic container?

Mannitol injection (Osmitrol) in Aviva plastic container is not recommended if you have long-term or extremely severe renal problems or if you are already in complete renal failure and can't urinate. Don't take mannitol if you're experiencing bleeding in your brain, if your lungs are swollen or congested, if you have CHF (congestive heart failure) or if you are not making any urine. People who are severely dehydrated should also not take mannitol. Because mannitol may harm an unborn child, tell your doctor if you are pregnant before taking this drug. Also, extended use of mannitol can create electrolyte imbalances. It is important that your heart and blood functions be closely monitored while you are on the drug.

The Aviva container is a patented, flexible, non-DEHP, non-PVC, non-latex plastic bag for administering intravenous drugs (including mannitol) and fluids.