What should I know about oretic before taking it?

If you are going to take Oretic (hydrochlorothiazide) to treat your blood pressure, you should know that you will have to take it regularly in order for it to be effective. If you drink alcohol, you should know that alcohol can increase the likelihood of having side effects from Oretic. It is also necessary to watch your fluid intake while taking this medication. Drinking too much or too little fluid can be unsafe while taking Oretic.

Continue Learning about Diuretic

What is metolazone?
Metolazone (Zaroxolyn) inhibits sodium reabsorption in a different part of the kidney than loop diur...
What should I know before taking a thiazine diuretic for heart failure?
If you are allergic to sulfa drugs, a thiazide diuretic may not be a good option for you. If you ha...
How effective are loop diuretics for high blood pressure management?
Loop diuretics are as effective as thiazide diuretics in lowering blood pressure.  This answer was ...
How effective are thiazide diuretics for the treatment of heart failure?
Thiazide diuretics are as effective as most other blood pressure medications. When used in combinati...