How should I prepare for discography?

Follow these steps to help your diskography go better:

• Food and drink. You should not eat solid food after midnight the night before the procedure.
  • Medication list. Bring a list of all your current medications with you to the hospital. This includes over-the-counter medications and vitamins. You may be asked to stop taking blood-thinning medication, such as Coumadin.
  • Current medical condition. You may need to fill out some paperwork, including a consent form. Be sure to tell your doctor about any history of allergic reaction to medications or x-ray dye, any medical conditions such as diabetes, and any infection that may be at the injection site.

Continue Learning about Discography

Can I drive myself home after discography?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
You will not be allowed to drive yourself home after diskography. Someone needs to drive you home. D...
What is discography?
Discography may be performed before spinal fusion to help identify the source of pain. Dye is inject...
When should I call my doctor after discography?
After diskography, contact your doctor if:   You see signs of infection at the injection site, ...
What are the potential benefits of discography?
Dr. John C. Lipman, MDDr. John C. Lipman, MD
Based on physical exam and imaging, it is sometimes difficult to determine which spinal level is res...