How should I manage pain after discography?

For the first day or so after diskography, you may want to use ice on the injected area for 20 to 30 minutes at a time, but be careful not to apply ice to bare skin. If the intravenous (IV) site is painful, place warm towels on it for 20 minutes several times a day.

Continue Learning about Discography

What happens during discography?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
The diskography procedure takes 30 to 60 minutes, and you will be awake and able to communicate ...
How should I prepare for discography?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Follow these steps to help your diskography go better:   Food and drink. You should not eat sol...
What are the possible complications of discography?
Complications of diskography are rare but can include: Infection of the disk space (fewer than 1...
What is discography?
Discography may be performed before spinal fusion to help identify the source of pain. Dye is inject...