Who can qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)?

To qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits, you must first have worked in jobs covered by Social Security. You must also have a medical condition that meets the Social Security Administration's (SSA) definition of disability. In addition to meeting the definition of disability established by SSA, you must have worked long enough -- and recently enough -- under Social Security to qualify for disability benefits. Social Security work credits are based on your total yearly wages or self-employment income. You can earn up to four credits each year.

Continue Learning about Disability Insurance

How can I find work through the Ticket to Work program?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
If you want to work through the Ticket to Work program, you can get the help you need from two types...
How do I apply for Social Security disability?
There are two ways to apply. The tech-savvy Bill Gates way: online at www.socialsecurity.gov. Or the...
Where can I find information about disability resources online?
Disability.gov is a federal government website that provides comprehensive information about disabil...
Can I get health insurance coverage if I am disabled?
Many laws exist to regulate how insurance companies use information about a person"s disability to d...