What is the Ticket to Work program?

Social Security’s Ticket to Work program supports the career development of individuals with disabilities who want to work and progress toward financial independence.

The Ticket program is a good fit for people who want to improve their earning potential and who are committed to long­term success in the workforce. Ticket to Work offers beneficiaries with disabilities access to meaningful employment with the assistance of employment service providers.

Participants in the program are allowed to keep their benefits while exploring employment opportunities, receiving vocational rehabilitation and gaining work experience. Your cash benefits, Medicaid or Medicare can continue throughout your transition to work, with protections in place to help you return to benefits if you find you are unable to continue working due to your disability.

Continue Learning about Disability Insurance

Can I apply for a Compassionate Allowance from SSA if I have cancer?
PearlPoint Cancer SupportPearlPoint Cancer Support
In cases of advanced stage cancer, you may qualify for “Compassionate Allowance” from the Social Sec...
Are there tips on how to get approved for Social Security disability?
The best advice to get your Social Security disability approved is to have all your documents in ord...
What benefits are available through Social Security Disability Income?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) pays wage replacement benefits for eligible people who have...
Can I get health insurance coverage if I am disabled?
Many laws exist to regulate how insurance companies use information about a person"s disability to d...