What should I consider when reviewing disability coverage?

Philip Lisagor, MD
Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular)
If you are still working, disability insurance can provide a portion of your compensation in the event you are disabled. Disability insurance is available in short- and long-term options. You should review your disability insurance needs with your financial planner, and determine the percentage of your compensation that will be required.

Continue Learning about Disability Insurance

Who can qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
To qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits, you must first have worked in j...
Who is eligible for the Ticket to Work program?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
You become eligible to participate in the Ticket to Work program when you start receiving Social Sec...
What benefits are available through Social Security Disability Income?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) pays wage replacement benefits for eligible people who have...
Can I get health insurance coverage if I am disabled?
Many laws exist to regulate how insurance companies use information about a person"s disability to d...