How do I apply for Social Security disability?

There are two ways to apply. The tech-savvy Bill Gates way: online at www.socialsecurity.gov. Or the classic way: call 1-800-772-1213 to set up an appointment at your local office or to apply over the phone. It’s that easy! If you can handle the tech-savvy way, it may save you some time since you won’t have to wait for an appointment and the phone or office sessions can take at least an hour once you’re actually called in (or up).

Continue Learning about Disability Insurance

What if my application for disability is rejected?
If your application for disability is rejected by the Social Security Administration (SSA), you can ...
How can I find work through the Ticket to Work program?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
If you want to work through the Ticket to Work program, you can get the help you need from two types...
What is Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
SSDI is short for Social Security Disability Insurance. In general, SSDI pays monthly cash benefits ...
What benefits are available through Social Security Disability Income?
LIVESTRONGLIVESTRONG
Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) pays wage replacement benefits for eligible people who have...