How can I find work through the Ticket to Work program?

If you want to work through the Ticket to Work program, you can get the help you need from two types of providers: an employment network (EN) or your state’s vocational rehabilitation agency. An EN is under contract with Social Security to provide free services to beneficiaries under the Ticket program. If you and an EN agree to work together, you will jointly develop an individual work plan.

You can also contact your state vocational rehabilitation agency, which will work with you to develop an individual plan to help you get a job. You are free to speak with as many service providers as you like; it is your choice to decide with which provider you wish to work. Once you have decided which service provider is right for you, learn more about how you can find satisfaction in the Ticket to Work program by exploring its website.

Continue Learning about Disability Insurance

What should I consider when reviewing disability coverage?
Philip Lisagor, MDPhilip Lisagor, MD
If you are still working, disability insurance can provide a portion of your compensation in the eve...
Can I apply for a Compassionate Allowance from SSA if I have cancer?
PearlPoint Cancer SupportPearlPoint Cancer Support
In cases of advanced stage cancer, you may qualify for “Compassionate Allowance” from the Social Sec...
What is Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
SSDI is short for Social Security Disability Insurance. In general, SSDI pays monthly cash benefits ...
Do I automatically get Social Security benefits if I have cancer?
If you have a cancer diagnosis, you may qualify for Social Security Disability benefits. The Social ...