Do I automatically get Social Security benefits if I have cancer?

If you have a cancer diagnosis, you may qualify for Social Security Disability benefits. The Social Security Administration (SSA) offers financial assistance in the form of Social Security Disability benefits. However, a cancer diagnosis does not automatically make you eligible for SSA benefits. You have to apply.

Continue Learning about Disability Insurance

Disability Insurance

Disability Insurance

Disability insurance does not cover medical costs. Instead, it pays a monthly sum to replace lost income that you would have if you didn’t have to miss work due to a disability. Short-term disability, often offered by employers, u...

sually provides benefits and income to people who have become temporarily disabled due to injury or illness. Long-term disability kicks in once the short-term coverage reaches its limit.