Can I apply for a Compassionate Allowance from SSA if I have cancer?

In cases of advanced stage cancer, you may qualify for “Compassionate Allowance” from the Social Security Administration (SSA). This allows applicants to qualify for benefits in as little as 10 days. Visit http://www.disability-benefits-help.org/compassionate-allowances for more info.

Continue Learning about Disability Insurance

Disability Insurance

Disability Insurance

Disability insurance does not cover medical costs. Instead, it pays a monthly sum to replace lost income that you would have if you didn’t have to miss work due to a disability. Short-term disability, often offered by employers, u...

sually provides benefits and income to people who have become temporarily disabled due to injury or illness. Long-term disability kicks in once the short-term coverage reaches its limit.