Why should I look at my stool after I go to the bathroom?

Robynne K. Chutkan, MD
Gastroenterology
Taking a close look at your stool can tell you a lot about what's going on in your intestines and can lead you to make the right changes to improve your digestive and overall health. If you know what to look for, it's like reading tea leaves! I tell my patients that if they pay close attention to what's going on in the bowl, they might not need my services.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Digestive Health

Digestive Health

The digestive system includes all parts of the body that process food and expel waste, from your mouth to the end of your digestive tract. Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract prevent your body from effectively using the food yo...

u eat. Learn more about digestive health from our experts.