What is a polyp?

A polyp is a growth in the colon. Polyps can form and can develop into cancer.

A polyp is a small growth that develops from the lining of the colon. The larger the polyp, the greater the chance it might have cancer in it.

A polyp is an abnormal growth on the lining of the intestine. As a polyp grows larger, it can turn into cancer.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Tell Me Why… I Poop More During My Period
As if the cramps, bloating, mood swings, exhaustion and increased appetite during premenstrual syndrome (PMS) weren’t bad enough, your tummy may get o...
What is the main function of the colon?
UCLA HealthUCLA Health
The primary role of the colon, which is about five to six feet long, is to reabsorb water so that a ...
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
Your gut is responsible for more than digestion; it can reveal illness, too.
Is It Better to Take a Probiotic Pill or Live Culture Yogurt?