What is peptic ulcer disease?

Michael T. Murray, ND
Naturopathic Medicine

Peptic ulcer disease (PUD) refers to an ulcer that occurs in the stomach (gastric ulcer) or the first portion of the small intestine (duodenal ulcer). An ulcer is a small wound in the surface of these organs.

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

Encyclopedia of Healing Foods

From the bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine, the most comprehensive and practical guide available to the nutritional benefits and medicinal properties of virtually everything...

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

5 Ways to Have a Healthy Pancreas
5 Ways to Have a Healthy Pancreas
It's relatively rare but, unfortunately, often fatal. We're talking about pancreatic cancer. The good news? Scientists have pinpointed five key ways t...
How can I take care of myself while I have a feeding tube?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
It’s important to take care of yourself while you have a feeding tube. Your teeth still need to be c...
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion5 Foods for Healthy Digestion
Reach for these when your tummy rumbles.
The Food Remedies for a Leaky Gut
The Food Remedies for a Leaky Gut