What is enteral nutrition?

Enteral nutrition means using a feeding tube to get food through parts of the digestive system. Sometimes, there are problems with the digestive system, which means it can’t break down food or it can’t move it along. Enteral nutrition is used to get food through the parts that don't work. There are different types of feeding tubes. Each one carries food to a different part of the digestive system.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

Worst Case Scenario: I Swallowed Gum
Worst Case Scenario: I Swallowed Gum
You may have heard that swallowed gum stays in your stomach for seven years. But is it true? Gum sales are about $25 billion globally, so some of thos...
How long do I have to wait for a liver transplant?
If you need a transplant, your name will be placed on a national waiting list kept at the United Net...
When Bloating May Be Something Serious
When Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something Serious
Seven serious conditions that cause bloating.
What Foods and Drinks Can Trigger Digestive Problems?