What is the common bile duct?

John A. Chabot
Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism
The common bile duct carries bile from the liver, where it is synthesized, to the duodenum for use to emulsify fats or to the gallbladder for storage.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

A Taco Filling Your Liver Will Love
A Taco Filling Your Liver Will Love
Tacos—quick and easy, and a treat for your liver if you skip the ground beef and use this filling instead: winter squash. Yep, not only do butternut ...
How long is the liver transplant waiting list?
Dr. Ajay K. Sahajpal, MDDr. Ajay K. Sahajpal, MD
Livers are allocated to patients based on MELD score (Model for Endstage Liver Disease). This is a m...
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health4 Ways Your Gut Affects Your Health
Your gut is responsible for more than digestion; it can reveal illness, too.
How Does What I Eat Affect the Good Bacteria in My Gut?