What is blood in the stool?

Marjorie Nolan Cohn

In general brown is the 'normal' stool color. However, there is a wider variation of colors that may indicate other things about your health such as bleeding. Black stool may be a result of upper, or lower GI bleeding. Red stool can also be an indicator of hemorrhoids, or something more serious.

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

People Are Drinking Charcoal: Here’s What You Need to Know
Wellness brands and social media influencers alike have embraced activated charcoal as the hottest new health craze. Labels boast that activated charc...
How long does it take to receive a liver transplant?
Methodist Specialty and Transplant HospitalMethodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital
A liver transplant operation takes anywhere between five and eight hours.
Embarrassing Stomach Issues, Solved
Embarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, SolvedEmbarrassing Stomach Issues, Solved
Find out if your gas, grunts and growls are normal and what to do about them.
What Should I Look for in a High-Quality Probiotic?