Amylase is an enzyme that breaks down starch into sugar (polysaccharide). Amylase is present in human saliva and pancreatic juice, where it begins the chemical process of digestion.
- Q What can cause white stool?
- Q Is there a technical name for my grumbling stomach?
- Q How is gastroparesis treated?
- Q Does extra fiber cause my poop to be a darker color?
- Q What are the three most common causes of gastrointestinal problems?
- Q What problems may affect my child's healthy gastrointestinal system?