What is gas made of?

The bacteria in your intestines love digesting sugars, fiber, or milk (if you're lactose deficient). The result is lots of gas made up of carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and methane (which—DUCK!—is flammable).
YOU: On A Diet Revised Edition: The Owner's Manual for Waist Management

For the first time in our history, scientists are uncovering astounding medical evidence about dieting -- and why so many of us struggle with our weight and the size of our waists. Now researchers...

Continue Learning about Digestive Health

5 Ways to Beat Belly Bloat
5 Ways to Beat Belly Bloat
We all want to enjoy the holiday festivities, from the parties at work to family dinners to toasting in the New Year as the ball drops. But after a ce...
How does alcohol affect gastrointestinal (GI) issues?
St. Petersburg General HospitalSt. Petersburg General Hospital
Alcohol can affect the GI tract by causing chronic liver disease, gastric irritation, pancreatitis, ...
When Bloating May Be Something Serious
When Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something SeriousWhen Bloating May Be Something Serious
Seven serious conditions that cause bloating.
What Are Some Factors That Can Deplete My Digestive Enzyme Levels?