Many factors contribute to gas, bloating and weight gain but they may not be related. A diet high in refined foods that are low in fiber can cause gas and bloating. Food allergies can also cause gas and bloating especially allergies to fruit sugars called oligosaccharides. Also when you are not accustomed to dietary fiber, at first you might experience gas and bloating but over time you should adjust. Weight gain is caused by eating too many calories, not enough exercise, and eating foods that are devoid of nutrients and loaded with fat and sugars.
- Q Is it normal to have gas from drinking lattes?
- Q Can gluten intolerance cause gas to smell very bad?
- Q Why do people experience more flatulence as they age?
- Q What foods cause flatulence, or passing gas?
- Q Which foods cause gas?
- Q Where does gas come from?